As an Ambassador for the Inaugural Publix Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5k, I thought it would be a fun idea to try out a new dish that was quick to make, easy to figure out, and would be a great carb loading recipe. Instead of going to Pinterest, I asked my Co-Ambassador and Half Ironman partner-in-crime, Claudia Deen to help me come up with a recipe.
We don’t have a name for this dish, so I am naming it the PRfect Pasta. Get it? Ha. I crack myself up.
We did a quick trip to Publix and got the key ingredients:
Recipe Serves approx. 4:
– Whole Container of cherry or grape tomatoes
– Pitted Olives (we found a jar already cut for you)
– Pasta (we used Barilla Whole Grain, but you can sub in CousCous, Rice or Spaghetti Squash)
– Clove of Garlic (I already had the pre-chopped in a jar at home, so we used that)
– 1-2 tbsp of Olive Oil (I had some at home)
– 1.5 lbs Shrimp (we got fresh shrimp, but we can use frozen to save money or even go super fancy and call your local Shrimp Man!)
– jar of Rao’s Organic Homemade Tomato Basil Sauce (or use your own homemade pasta sauce)
-fresh Parmesan to grate or from a shaker bottle, your preference
Bring a large pan to medium heat and saute oil & garlic until the garlic is soft. While this is happening, peel your shrimp and chop your tomatoes in half.
Once the garlic is soft and you can smell all that yumminess, add in the olives (drained) & tomatoes.
Let cook for 8-10 minutes.
Boil water in a pot with a dash of salt and oil in the water. Once it begins to boil, lower to medium and cook pasta (4 servings worth).
Once the tomatoes start to cook, add in shrimp and cover for 5 minutes. Make sure that the shrimp touch the bottom of the pan to help cook them. If you need a dash more oil, add it. Flip the shrimp once the first side turns white.
In a smaller pan, heat the sauce until it starts to boil.
Once the pasta, shrimp mix, and sauce are done… pour servings into a bowl or plate and grate fresh Parmesan on top!
Haven’t signed up for the race yet? Feel free to use my code: VictoriaRunsSWH to save $10 off!
Leave a comment below on your favorite Pre Race Carb Load meal and you will be entered in to win a $25 Gift Card to Publix! Comment by Tuesday, February 17th at 10pm to have your chance to win.
*I am an Ambassador for this race but am not compensated financially, just with some swag from New Balance (the other race sponsor). Opinions are always my own.