I’ve wanted to. I’ve dreamed about it. I’ve talked about it.
I needed to JUST DO IT. Thanks Nike for the confidence. Game on World, Game on Victoria.
So I registered for my first Triathlon.
Want to join me? Register HERE!
Know what else is cool? Hank has been busting a hump and making work happen. He has a sweet tri kit and is ready for July 29th. I can’t wait to have another IRL #FitFluential friend and have someone else there I know!
So let’s talk about this tri–
- I am registered in the Athena Category. Yep. 150+ lbs females. Part of me hates this, part of me is hoping to love this if I can not come in last in my age category. I am almost out of the Athena, so I might as well own it while I can and recognize that it will be my body doing the work regardless of the pounds on the scale #strongissexy
- The swim portion I am really excited for. It’s only a 600m open water swim in a lake, so I anticipate feeling strong.
- I am about as nervous for the bike portion as I was for the stinkin’ Prom 10 years ago. It’s a 12 mile ride. I don’t have clip-ins nor baskets. Maybe I’ll get baskets by the end of the month, so I can push AND pull my legs. Obviously, I have to pedal quicker than I did on the slowride… and not have a beverage except my nuun.
- The run… I have done a few bricks of bike to run. It hurts. But it’s a 5k. I am going to work on this and keep up my HIIT workouts plus my speed.
-I am really worried about what to wear. I don’t want to layout the money on a tri kit if I won’t be doing more than one or two of these races.
- Transitions- move it or lose it. Is that a good mentality to have??
Any good tips? Anyone else racing on July 29th in Charleston?